Saturday, March 19, 2005

Weekend reads: Whole Foods watch

Positive reaction to Whole Foods' move into Union Square this week: WNYC radio, NY Times

900 underground parking spots and 80,000 square feet later, a flagship Whole Foods themepark opens in Austin: A local TV station did before and after opening videos. The press is eating up and printing ridiculous quotes like their VP saying, "We have... over a hundred people cooking literally from every culture in the world." But if you can't laugh at that, there's always this. In all seriousness though, the high prices and elitist image that Whole Foods cultivates, in combo with media attention like this, do create a perception that organic ag can/should never be accessible to the masses.

Watch out Europe, here they come: a British invasion

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about wellness product and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about wellness product so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would anyone like a vacation certificate for FREE hotel rooms ($400 value)? You can choose from twenty fantastic resort locations.

I am trying to find people interested in maybe improving their vitamin b17. If you are interested in vitamin b17 Please visit my website.

I am personally giving away FREE vacation certificates to ALL new customers. There is a 60 day money back guarantee on my product if you don't like it, but the vacation certificate for FREE hotel rooms is yours to keep. A $400 value!

I look forward to hearing about your awesome vacation, not to mention the improvement with your vitamin b17.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i get more information?

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good info

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home