Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Fruit trees in public spaces

Lucky Vancouverites will soon be seeing more apple, pear, chestnut, and hazelnut trees in public spaces. Besides just increasing access to deliciously fresh foods, the fruit tree project will also encourage chemical-free growing, food bank donations, exercise (and walking to get food also equals fewer emissions), and cold storage for year-round community food security. Wow, it sounds like a win-win-win...

Yesterday, WorldChanging noted a related effort by a group called Village Harvest in Santa Clara Valley, CA. And if you've been missing out on the other wonderful conversations at WorldChanging recently, then, well, you've been missing out.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would anyone like a vacation certificate for FREE hotel rooms ($400 value)? You can choose from twenty fantastic resort locations.

I am trying to find people interested in maybe improving their dental health. If you are interested in dental health Please visit my website.

I am personally giving away FREE vacation certificates to ALL new customers. There is a 60 day money back guarantee on my product if you don't like it, but the vacation certificate for FREE hotel rooms is yours to keep. A $400 value!

I look forward to hearing about your awesome vacation, not to mention the improvement with your dental health.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I was just checking out some bloggs and found yours! Great Site, I like it! If you have a moment, please visit my site gardening It isn’t anything special but you may still find something of interest.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bloggs are such a wonderful way to plublish ones thoughts. Thanks for letting me visit and leave a comment. Love the title, "Fruit trees in public spaces" Come by my site some time. It's got gardening organic rose related stuff.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy, I'm just a retiree from Wyoming surfing around the net and looking for
interesting blogs. Came across your blog and thought I 'd say hello. You've done
some nice work here. Keep on bloggin, my friend.

Regards,
Jake


shade gardening

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read the post. Thanks for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rather cool place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to this matter. BTW, why don't you change design :).

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home