Friday, February 25, 2005

A funny thing happened on the way to the Farmers' Market

"Gopher Broke," an Oscar-nominated animated short film, considers barriers to local food accessibility. Well, sort of... [full film at Salon, teaser at Blur Studios]

On a more serious note about issues facing local food economies, Brian Halweil, a senior research at the Worldwatch Institute participated in an online Q&A session yesterday on climate change. He recently wrote:
Farming may be the human endeavor most dependent on a stable climate—and the industry that will struggle most to cope with more erratic weather, severe storms, and shifts in growing season lengths.

2 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Tell your Secret

7:30 PM  
Blogger job opportunitya said...

Hype blog. And I admire your site and plan on
returning to it! When I web surf it always helps me to
find great blogs.
Please examine my long term care insurance quote blog as soon as you can.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home